Sunday, February 21, 2010

Yo le diria

This was going to be a post about how Spanish class tends to get deeper than most of my other classes. I was going to give some examples and summarize the stories that got us to that level, but I've decided against it. Instead, I'll leave you with a couple questions. First, what would you ask yourself if you could have a conversation with yourself in 20 years? Second, what would you tell you 6 year old self if you could have this same conversation? One of the exercises we did in Spanish dealt with these questions. It reminded me of the song "Letter to Me by Brad Paisley. I'm not sure if I would want to talk to myself in 20 years, because I think I would get too worried about how the future me was and be too preoccupied with how I would turn out to pay attention to how I was living. I also can't guarantee that I'll be here tomorrow, let alone in 20 years. I think I wouldn't want to talk to my 6 year old self either, because I think I've turned out pretty okay without that conversation. Maybe I'm dumb, but I guess I'd just rather live without worrying about becoming the person I supposedly will become. Don't worry about the future, you're making it now.

Explanation of title: Yo le diria was the title of one of the exercises in Spanish that prompted this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment