Thursday, February 18, 2010

Insomniac detectives in film noir classics


Connor sent me this a week ago and it's caused me to be ok with staying up later than I should, thus causing me to stay up even later. Thanks Connor.


I keep imagining how much I could get done and how much I could learn if I didn't have to sleep. I think I'm more productive at night anyways, maybe because nobody is awake to distract me from whatever I'm doing, but I always pay for my late nights with tired mornings and wasted days. The thing is, I really enjoy being up before everyone else and watching the sun rise and the world come back to life, but I can rarely get up early enough to do so because I go to bed too late. I also enjoy being up late though and being able to spend the night the way I want to rather than being told to go to class or having to work. I find that at night I usually try to learn different things or just think about the world, whereas during the day I get caught up in the business of class and being with people and have less time and desire to do things for me. I think being nocturnal might be pretty cool, at least for a little while just to see what it's like. Apparently you can train your body so that instead of sleeping for seven to nine hours all at once you instead take a 20 minute or so nap every two hours. It seems like a cool idea, but it would also prevent you from doing anything that lasts more than two hours, which would be tough to get used to and would probably suck.

No comments:

Post a Comment