Tuesday, February 23, 2010

He's Going the Distance

It's not weird for me to be up this late, but it is weird that I've been doing actual schoolwork until now. I guess I'll finish tomorrow morning because my roommate is in bed and I think my lamp is bothering him.

A friend of mine got into what is essentially our school sponsored frat, Friar's Club. This is exciting for him because I guess it's a pretty big deal to get be in Friar's Club and it's a great thing to put on a resume or something. I'm not a huge fan of Friars's Club, I get the feeling that they think they're the greatest people on campus because they wear white coats and give tours. I think my least favorite thing about it is their initiation, which requires newly admitted members to wear a bandana on their leg and try to prevent the rest of the club from taking it off them. Apparently they take this pretty seriously, because I've heard of them banging on the doors of new member's rooms and pretty much assaulting their roommates to try to get this bandana. Because of this, most bandanas are claimed within a day or two of the initiation starting. Currently, my friend is the only new member still with his bandana. He had been missing the whole night, hiding from the gorillas, one of whom is another friend of ours and lives down the hall from us. He finally ventured back upstairs at 3 or so, just because he was starving and wanted crackers and hummus. He's not going to any classes tomorrow and none of can know where he's hiding. I can't wait for him to be the first person to keep his bandana for the required amount of time, which I guess is Wednesday. It's a very exciting time here, if only for me and my vendetta against the jive turkeys of Friar's Club.

No comments:

Post a Comment