Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Two Cents

A word on the Lady Gaga-Kesha debate. A slightly ashamed that I am addressing it here word but a word nonetheless. Stop. It's too early. Kesha is too new to have a large enough body of work to compare to Lady Gaga's, so at this point the only fair comparison is between Just Dance and Tik Tok, their respective first songs. Wait at least a couple months and give the new girl a chance to get some more stuff out there before trying to do a real comparison of the two.
I was going to say that Kesha was the underdog here because of Lady Gaga's musical upbringing and time at Berklee but I guess Kesha's dad was a songwriter so there goes that argument. I still think that she rocks more of a trashy poor white girl vibe, whereas Lady Gaga's all fabulous and stupid stupid outfits, so points to Kesha for that.

I can't believe I had that much to say on the subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment