Monday, March 15, 2010

Nine D's

People seem to be making a decently big deal of the death of Corey Haim, including kids my age. Maybe I was out of touch as a kid, and I probably still am to a certain extent, but I have no idea who Corey Haim is (was). He and Corey Feldman apparently were quite a big deal as child actors, but I only recognize Feldman from The Goonies after Googling him and jogging my memory a bit. I always just assumed that they were the two kids from Boy Meets World, but I guess not.

Kids my age love to reminisce about the 90's and all their splendor, always saying "That's so 90's", and comparable things, but I really don't see what the big deal was. I was born in 1990, so by the end of the decade I was ten years old, which I don't think is old enough to be culturally in-touch to be able to look back longingly on a time period. I mean ya, I watched Doug and Hey Arnold and whatever other shows kids love to remember and miss and I played Pokemon and had Pogs and Crazy Bones, but I don't see what the big deal really is. I don't think of myself as a product of the 90's, I think I was just too young for the culture of the decade to have had that big of an impact on me. This past decade, whatever you want to call it, has been much more memorable for me, which leads me to think that it shaped me more than whatever was going on in the first 10 years of my life.

I use way too many, commas.

No comments:

Post a Comment