Tuesday, January 5, 2010

A Comment on Previous Posts and Regarding Comments

I can't sleep. In addition to this, I felt the need to discuss some earlier posts and so here I am at 3:00 AM posting to my blog. Great. First off, I apparently am very wrong in my post about monopolies in regards to the makers of airplanes, as Joe was so kind to point out to me by sending me this link. In my defense, I was mainly talking about the big planes that airlines use rather than smaller private planes like Cessnas, but I'm sure that list has a little bit of everything. Moving on.
Secondly, maybe "In Defense of Words" was a bit harsh and even unnecessary. I like pictures, I find them very useful. They show exactly what is there, although the photographer can sometimes manipulate what is seen by focusing on different things he sees. I think that's true, I'm not a photographer. Either way, if you have a huge zit on your forehead on school portrait day that sucker will most definitely be seen in your picture and laughed at by all your family forever. Pictures are good for at least that.
Third. It has come to my attention that Invictus lied again, this time in its casting of Matt Damon as Francois Pienaard. As Bill Simmons of ESPN.com points out in his column, Pienaard was 6'3" and was a physical specimen, a beast on the rugby pitch/field/whatever. Matt Damon, though he can kill you with a rolled up magazine and humiliate you in a Harvard bah, is none of these things. He is from Boston though so we can let it slide this time.
One last thing. If you like, don't like, or have anything at all to say about any post on here, feel free to leave a comment. At the least it lets me know that people are reading what I have to say. I don't know if you need a Blogger account or something, I guess if you do need to make an account you don't have to go through the trouble just to leave a comment and stoke the flames of my vanity (does that even make sense?). I understand and I forgive you. I'll try to stop making long and annoying titles and start posting actual things again. It's just sort of fun in a nerdy way to make up ridiculous and obnoxious titles, but I will stop. Maybe. That is all, thank you and good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment