Monday, December 28, 2009

Magellan

I'm sitting at the table in the New Hampshire house. My dad is sitting at the island in the kitchen fifteen feet away. We're both on our laptops. The snowstorm has covered the trees with a new coat of white and they look like a beautiful painting. It's still snowing, but the flakes aren't like the big, fluffy ones that we ran into on the drive up. They're more like rain than like snow. The dog is having a grand old time playing alone in the snow. He's a little crazy but in a good way. I miss my girlfriend. 

I'm going to Montreal in a couple of days to celebrate the arrival of the new year. I think there are eight of us going, the rest of the crew is going to pick me up here on their way to the border. I have never been to Canada and am looking forward to see our next state. A couple days after I get back from Montreal I am going to London with my family. My parents told us about the trip on Christmas day. I am excited to go to London. I've never been to England. I have been to Italy and Spain. I get the feeling that England is grittier and tougher than Italy and Spain. I'm fine with that. 

Explanation of title: Ferdinand Magellan is credited with the first successful circumnavigation of the globe. He was killed before he made it all the way across. If you type in Magellan on Google he is the fifth link on the page. The other links are for things that are named after him. I called this post Magellan because he traveled a lot and that's what I will be doing soon. 

I'll upload a picture of the snowy trees when I find the cord I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment