Tuesday, December 22, 2009

The forests would echo with laughter

Snood is a lot harder than you remember it being. At least the first couple games are much more challenging than you anticipated, and they leave you feeling down and bad about yourself. "Oh ya Snood! I was sick at that game in like seventh grade! How can that be hard?" Trust me on this. Fortunately, thanks to my determination and hard work, I shook off the rust and am once again a Snood pro. Sort of. I'm okay at it. For now.

We were driving in Scheib's car tonight on the way to Nick P's. NickM, Joe, and Scheib were smoking cigarettes, and I had a flask full of whiskey in my pocket. We were playing Usher's "Love in This Club" as we cruised through snow covered Needham. Cigarettes, booze, cars, snow, and hip hop music all at once. It was a mother's worst nightmare.

Christmas shopping is less difficult if you go to a bookstore. It is a breeze and much cheaper if this bookstore is the New England Mobile Book Fair in Newton. (No I am not trying to promote the store because I work there. I tried applying last summer but they told me they were fully staffed. That's okay with me though because I've that the majority of the employees are a bit strange. It still would have been cool though, I guess I'll just have to open my own bookstore and show them who's really the boss.* Anyways, back on topic) I went there with NickM and got pretty much everything I need for gifts in like an hour. 

Tomorrow hopefully I will be able to play pond hockey. Pond hockey is one of my favorite things, and it sucks that I can only do it for three months at the most, probably less because I go to school in Providence and everybody knows that ponds don't exist in Providence. I am very excited for pond hockey. 

Explanation of title: The title was originally going to be "Who remembers Snood?", which reminded me of a line from the live version of Stairway to Heaven "Does anybody remember laughter?", which is a bit obscure so I used the line preceding it. I feel a little like Joe with a title that's not entirely related to the post. Sorry Joe.

*Bruce Springsteen is the real Boss. There's a picture of him somewhere on this blog. 


EDIT: Success! I finally rid the blog of the ads I put on it last summer as part of my money scheme! They were very annoying and prevented pages from having more than one post.

No comments:

Post a Comment