Tuesday, January 25, 2011

A Strange Occurrence

I'm alone in my host mother's apartment because she doesn't come home until 8, like always. I'm eating in the kitchen and hear the doorbell ring. WTF? Is it the neighbor? Open the door, some guy's standing there who's not the neighbor. I tell him I'm living with Mercedes and she's not here, he tells me he wants to buy the apartment below this and was hoping to see what this one looks like because they're the same. Uhhh. I'm not comfortable letting people in here while she's not here. Please it will only take two minutes. Uhh ok fine. His wife comes up the stairs. I start bugging out even more than I had been. I show them my wing, the kitchen, the family room, and the door to Mercedes' wing. They're surprised that there are two bedrooms in her wing. They leave, the woman gives me a 20 euro bill, saying it's for me to get cafe. I try to say that it's fine but they're out the door already.

What just happened?

No comments:

Post a Comment